Thank you for visiting our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. These are some of the frequent questions asked by customers about mold. Please browse through our list of questions. If you have a question that’s not listed below, please contact our office at: 423-942-6873 and we would be happy to answer any of your questions.
The professional answer is I don’t know. I’m not a Doctor. A professional mold inspector should not tell people the mold is going to make them sick to sell a job. This is a scare tactic.
Blood samples would be needed to be taken from the patient to determine if mold is found in the blood stream.
Then air quality samples and swab samples would need to be taken in the structure to determine the levels of mold spores and then compare the two tests.
Mold colors are determined by the food source. Flamingos are white. Their color comes from eating shrimp. When wallpaper is removed, and mold growth is found on the paper. It is the same colors as the wallpaper it can be green, blue purple and many other colors.
Mold needs a food and water supply and concrete blocks are not a food source for mold. Most of the time this is simply efflorescence or chemicals seeping through the blocks due to moisture coming through the blocks.
I hear this every few days. I always ask the customer if he had a bis S on his chest or a microscope in his pocket. Mold types are determined by the spores which are microscopic and would be analyzed by an accredited laboratory.
Chances are if you haven’t ever had a mold inspection, you need one. Many people think their houses are free from mold, but this often is not the case. If you live in an older house, there is a good chance that there is mold growing somewhere unseen in the crawlspace or even the sheathing of your home. However, even modern houses aren’t safe from mold contamination.
Mold is not treated. Dead mold spores may be just as allergenic as live mold spores. Read from the Environmental Protection Agency epa.gov and go to the mold section. Mold is removed not treated. The Clorox web site also says not to use bleach on wood products.